This blog is Copyright ©1995~2018 by Karl Denton

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Been a busy time...

It's been a while since I've updated my blog so I figured I'd get it done.

Things are busy here...

New studio is up and running:


I chose to keep the studio mostly for my engineering based art, the stuff I have to build and continue to create my oil paintings in my home based studio.  It's a great space in what used to be a stamping plant of some sorts.  Located at 333 Midland St. Highland Park MI, I am in Studio F.  Generally I get down to work there 2 or 3 days a week.  My daughter and I are in the process of looking for a home in the greater Detroit area so the commute will be far less.  Taking advantage of a MICHDA program where they help folks buy homes.  And as it turns out, I've been looking in the same neighborhood that I grew up in in Detroit.  Feels like I've come full circle. 

Now for updates on work: 

This piece in another in my series: Jesus of Suburbia called "Daddy found God in a bottle".


Made a great deal of progress on "The Genesis Plant" Working on a paper to describe how all of humanity came from this plant in one elegant fashion.


Finished this part of a much broader installation called "Primitive".


Made progress toward finishing "Something Wicked This Way Comes".


Got this ready to make a mold of for what will become a hanging lamp.  Not sure what to call it yet. 


And of course still producing abstracts, these are acrylic on canvas.